中級文法TEST 1~4
1. You cannot be ____ when choosing friends.
(A)too careful
ps. cannot too 再...也不為過
2. I would ____ see the movie. It's too violent.
(A) not rather
(B) rather not
(C) rather not to
(D) like not to
ps. would rather + V. 寧願
would rather not + V.
= wouldn't rather + V. (不可寫成would not rather)
3. You shouldn't have bothered, Mrs. Owens; you're ____ to me.
(A) much too kind
(B) too much kind
(C) very much kind
(D) very too kind
ps. much too kind 太好了 (不可寫成too much kind)
4. When she has a lot of homework, she burns the midnight oil more often than ____ .
(A) not
ps. more often than not t 常常(often的加強語氣)
= as often as not
5. These kinds of books are ____ little value
(A) having
(B) of
(C) with
(D) without
ps. of+抽象名詞 = 形容詞。如: of value = valuable
6. Our company offers ___ workweek, competitive salary and attractive benefits.
(A) five-day
(B) five-days
(C) a five-day
(D) a five-days
ps.workweek為可數名詞,前面加冠詞a。而數字-名詞所形成的複合形容詞中,名詞一律用單數
7. Bill's car is nicer than ___ of my brother.
(A) one
(B) that
(C) it
(D) which
ps. 為避免重複前面提過的名詞,單數名詞用that代替,複數名詞用those代替
8. He could not ____ from smiling, though with a slight sense, of guilt.
(C) refrain
ps. cannot refrain from + Ving 忍不住
=cannot avoid + Ving = cannot help + Ving
=cannot quilt + Ving = cannot stop + Ving
9. If you were really interested in what I'm saying, you ___ staring out of the window.
(A) will be
(B) will have been
(C) would have been
(D) wouldn't be
ps.表與現在事實相反的假設,主要子句用should/would/could/might+V,而用進行式有加強語氣的作用
10. Now that I have a motocycle, I ___ ride my bicycle.
(A) seldom never
(B) ever seldom
(C) hardly ever
(D) hardly never
ps.hardly ever 很少 = seldom
11. ___ do you think the population of San Francisco is?
(A) How
(B) How many
(C) How large
(D) how much
ps. 人口用large, small
12. He didn't finish his homework, and ___
(A) either did I
(B) so did I
(C) I didn't, too
(D) I didn't, either
ps. ~, and I didn't, either.
=~, and neither did I .
13. Father gave me an expensive watch of Swiss ___ as my birthday present.
(A) make
(B) made
(C) makes
(D) making
ps. a watch of Swiss make 瑞士製的手錶
0 Comment:
張貼留言